Version Engineer for Lavatory Modules (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Version Engineer for Lavatory Modules (f/m) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft in Hamburg. You will join department Lavatory & Supply Systems Version Engineering.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
Our Lavatory & Supply Systems Version Engineering team defines and specifies individually customised lavatory modules in the cabin. The main focus is on customer requirements, cabin business models, as well as the latest state of the art.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Checking the definition requirements of the cabin layout and all the necessary information
on feasibility and ensuring compliance with aviation regulations
- Carrying out and assessing feasibility studies for customer requests in order to support Airbus internal definition
- Developing and coordinating Airbus internal interfaces with the required specialist departments during the definition process
- Controlling part numbers using Airbus-specific tools, such as IMS and/or Primes/System View
- Being in charge of targeted management of external engineering offices for the implementation of definition specifications in version-specific 3D models and customer specifications
- Participating in process progress meetings within Airbus (e.g. Version Handover (VHO), Design- and Digital Mock-up-Reviews)
- Managing external design reviews with the respective manufacturers, as well as on-site manufacturers
- Verifying manufacturer documents, such as 3D models, installation design documents, as well as all necessary qualification documents
- Ensuring and complying with configuration and change management requirements
- Initiating the required corrective measures in case of discrepancies
- Preparing and controlling design documents for the final assembly line (FAL)
You will have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in project management and in project leadership is required
- In-depth knowledge in detailed design is required
- Several years of experience in design, detailed design, as well as production processes would be a plus
- Initial experience of supplier management on an international basis would be a plus
- Experience in the design of system components for water, waste water, air, electrics, data bus, light and hygiene in all lavatory modules would be a plus
- Ideally, detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing including quality assurance and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of logistics and production control would be a plus
- Ideally, detailed knowledge of technical verification management (approval documents)
- Several years of experience with the version business would be a plus
- Advanced MS Office and CATIA V5 skills are required
- Initial experience with IT tools CCD and System View, as well as Airbus internal tools IMS (TAKSY; GESY, TESY, MODA) would be a plus
- Customer-oriented communication skills and team player
- Ability to collaborate with international suppliers (mainly Japan and USA) including willingness to adjust work schedules depending on their availability
- Confident, self-assured manner, as well as assertiveness
- Independent way of working and ability to take the initiative
- Willingness to travel monthly, within Germany, as well as worldwide, and to undertake quarterly business trips, mainly to the USA and to Japan
- Negotiation level of German and English is required
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.