ATR - Material Provisioning Engineer & Project Development - réf : 17/37-P
Founded in 1981, ATR has become world leader on the market for regional aircraft with 90 seats or less. Since its creation, ATR has sold over 1,500 aircraft to over 200 operators based in more than 100 countries. ATR planes have totaled over 28 million flights. ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautical players: Airbus Group and Leonardo (Finmeccanica). The ATR headquarters are located in Toulouse. ATR is ISO 14001 certified, the international benchmark for respecting the environment.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
In the context of Spares Engineering operations and as per the objectives set by Programme Management, the Material Provisioning & Project Development Engineer position is central to the department.
Your tasks within the Spares Engineering department will include:
- Collecting and creating recommendations for spare parts and tools in the context of Entries into Service for ATR aircraft (new and used)
- Helping to develop new projects and tools used to offer new services to Airline or internal customers.
Tasks & accountabilities
As the successful applicant, you will join the Material Provisioning team as Material Provisioning & Project Development Engineer.
Your main responsibilities will include:
1. Activities relating to Material Provisioning:
- Collecting all the technical and financial data required to create recommendations in terms of Initial Provisioning (IP) in the context of the ATR programme
- Creating and assessing recommendations for spare parts, tools, structural parts and fasteners in the context of IPs for provision to customers, MROs and internal departments (Vendors & Aircraft Negotiators, Marketing, GMAs, Customer Liaison and Centres)
- Assessing the required spares investments based on operational assumptions, the cost and time constraints of our customers and the Mathematical model used by ATR
- Analysing customer inventories (GMAs, On-Site Stock, Buy Back, etc.)
- Holding IP conferences with our customers abroad
- Being the link between the Design Office and the global fleet to provide technical support
- Helping to improve the process, the existing IT system and the Quality measures.
2. Activities relating to Project Development:
- Managing speculation projects for spare parts and tools in the context of continuous improvement for support activities
- Collecting and analysing technical information with customers, striving to monitor the manufacturer reference materials (scheduled maintenance planning and maintenance documentation)
- Offering internal services and services to operators for recommendations on parts and tools by conducting one-off or in-depth studies
- Taking part in validation meetings for spares technical aspects with the Design Office, internal departments, partners and suppliers
- Helping to improve existing tools or with development.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 5-year degree (or equivalent) in General Engineering, or a related subject
- Project management, knowledge of aircraft and regulatory aeronautical aspects
- General knowledge of systems (all ATAs), structure and aeronautical materials
- Knowledge of the spares selection process and interchangeability rules
- Ability to read definition drawings (ATR and partners)
- Knowledge of MSG-3 processes and Airworthiness Directives
- Aviation standards: ATA100, ATA300 and SPEC 2000
- Aircraft and equipment technical documentation: AMM, IPC, MMEL, SRM, SB and CMM
- Awareness of the continuous improvement process (Lean)
- Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good interpersonal skills, meticulous
- Summary skills, determination
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Ability to meet the requirements of internal and external customers
- French and English required
- An additional foreign language would be an advantage.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to ATR and Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by ATR and Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.